Community Cycles (CC) is a non-profit organization of bicycle enthusiasts whose mission is to educate and advocate for the safe use of bicycles as an affordable, viable and sustainable means of transportation and personal enjoyment within our community.
CC provides re-cycled bikes and a welcoming space to learn about bicycle repair, maintenance and operation through outreach and advocacy activities.
- We promote the bicycle as appropriate and powerful technology
- We recognize bicycling as a means to increase community and quality of life
- We uphold the power of cyclists to transform the individual and the community
- We advocate environmental preservation and conservation by encouraging the use of the bicycle as a sustainable form of transportation and recreation
- We strive to increase bicycling as a form of recognized not just “alternative transportation”
- We provide access to tools and knowledge regarding bicycles to anyone in the community regardless of race, color, national origin, spiritual belief, age, gender, sexual orientation and physical ability
- We embrace the diversity of people through cycling as well as encourage partnership among the different local cycling populations
- We commit to providing a long-term programing to further the above values