Community Cycles' PedalSmart Program
Bicycling isn't just a way to get from one place to another; it's an avenue to a better life. And when businesses get on board, great things happen. That's why we created PedalSmart, a program for local companies to inspire their employees to bike to work.
Why should your company sign up for PedalSmart?
- Commuting by bike is a fun, dependable and low-cost mode of transit—why wouldn't you want your employees to have fun?
- PedalSmart Bike Ambassadors will come to your office to teach your employees about bike commuting including: gear, bike maintenance, bike skills, finding the best routes to work and more. We'll also offer custom workshops by request. Click here for a full list of workshops.
- PedalSmart Bike Ambassadors will give free bike tune-ups to employees who commit to biking to work.
- Top commuters can win prizes by tracking their trips via our online Trip Tracker!
- Best of all, PedalSmart is FREE!
Get Your Company Ready to Ride
Interested in signing up? Contact us and we will visit with you to help you establish your company's bike commuting goals. Next, we will schedule workshops that fit your employees' needs and provide a monthly enewsletter with all kinds of fun statistics, profiles of participating commuters and names of monthly prize winners. We will also provide monthly Trip Tracker metrics of progress for your team.
Biking doesn't just enhance your bottom line — it makes your business a fun, engaging and exciting place to work. So sign up today!
Contact Chris Ringer:
PedalSmart is funded through a grant from the Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality program and the Colorado Department of Transportation as part of the Federal Transportation Improvement Plan for the Denver Regional Council of Governments Metropolitan Planning Organizations.
As part of the PedalSmart program, our Employee Bike Ambassadors will host brown-bag lunch workshops at your office including:
Bike Fit – We'll discuss bike fit for commuters and demonstrate common fit issues and how to fix them.
We will also show how to customize and adjust your bike for a comfortable and efficient ride.
Commuting 101 – Learn about clothing for different seasons, bike lights and how to carry things on your bike with panniers and baskets. We'll also offer tips on riding the bus with a bike.
Winter Cycling – Winter poses special challenges to cyclists. We'll share tips on riding safely on ice and snow, proper gear to stay warm and additional maintenance your bike may require.
Basic Maintenance – Learn how to adjust saddle height, monitor brake pad and tire wear, choose the right accessories and learn to fix a flat.
Derailleurs & Shifters – Don't have a clue how to adjust your derailleurs or shifters? We'll give you hands-on experience in making adjustments.
Bike Safety – We'll give you the skills needed to safely commute and ride in the street. We'll discuss traffic laws, riding safety and tips for commuting.
We will also offer custom workshops by request!