Other Volunteer Opportunities
Other Volunteer Opportunities and Projects:
- Volunteer Event Planner - help us plan social events, fundraisers, and more.
- Bike Wrangler - host a bike collection drive at your school, church, or community organization.
- Bike Ambassador - table at outreach events and teach people about safety, commuting, and CC!
Micro-volunteering are small, quick actions that make a big difference when many people combine their efforts.
If you have a busy schedule but still want to donate a bit of your time, micro-volunteering is a quick way for you to help us without applications, training, or ongoing commitments.
Here are some ways you can help:
- Like us on facebook, follow us on Twitter, and recommend us to your friends.
- Write us a nice review on Yelp.
- Post a link to our website on your Facebook profile to raise awareness about our work.
- Add a "Support Community Cycles” message with a link to our website to your email signature.
- Donate one item from our wishlist.
- Take any opportunities to mention Community Cycles and the work that we do to encourage biking.
Internships & Professional Skills Volunteer Opportunities
Community Cycles is a non-profit bike shop whose programs are run almost exclusively by volunteers. We are always in need of people who can bring professional skills to help us out. Even if you know nothing about bicycles, but know a lot about graphic design, you can help us out. We can offer a variety of unpaid internships in areas of interest for students or other people interested in working in the non-profit sector or in particular fields like marketing or web design. Some may qualify for Americorps or other programs. Check with local resources.
You can put your skills to practice in a real-world situation and help our organization at the same time.
If you have additional expertise, e.g. in electricity, accounting, or web design, we would be happy to accept your services, especially for particular projects. Let us know how you can help! Fill out this form if you'd like to help with other skills.
Although we appreciate all help, we usually do not allow drop-in volunteering. With the exception of special events and projects above, we ask that you commit to one three-hour shift per week. We require that all volunteers schedule in advance.
Email the Volunteer Coordinator to learn more about how you can help: email@example.com